It is a common misconception that your hair will just grow faster if you don’t cut it. The truth is, many of the factors that affect how fast your hair grows are out of our control. There are natural ways to make sure your hair does not break and fall out as much, which can help make it grow longer. This article offers seven different strategies for growing long locks (and keeping them looking healthy!)
Hair Growth Tip #1 – Eat Healthy
One of the best ways to encourage hair growth is to eat a healthy diet. Providing your body with the right nutrients will help your hair stay healthy and grow long. Eating foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals will help your hair grow longer and stronger. So make sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet. You may also want to consider taking a multivitamin supplement to ensure that you’re getting all the nutrients you need. And last but not least, drink plenty of water – hydrated hair = healthy hair!
Hair Growth Tip #2 – Avoid Very Cold Showers
Is there anything more refreshing than a cold shower on a hot day? Well, maybe a cold drink of water, but that’s not what we’re talking about today. We’re talking about the benefits of taking cold showers for hair growth. Contrary to popular belief, it is not good for your hair to take hot showers every day. In fact, it can actually do more harm than good. So if you’re looking to keep your locks healthy and growing long, it’s best to stick with warm (but not too hot) showers instead.
Hair Growth Tip #3 – Focus On Less Shampoo, More Conditioner
If you’re like most people, you probably shampoo your hair every day. But did you know that you can get just as good of a clean by using conditioner only? In fact, over-shampooing can actually damage your hair, so it’s important to focus on using less shampoo and more conditioner. Here are a few tips to help you make the switch:
- Use a mild or gentle shampoo. If your current shampoo is stripping your hair of its natural oils, it’s time to find a new one that is more moisturizing.
- Reduce how often you shampoo your hair. Shampooing every other day (or even less) will help you avoid stripping your hair and drying it out. The more you can stretch out between shampoos, the less likely you are to damage your hair with over-shampooing.
- Add a deep conditioner to your hair care routine. A deep conditioner can help to add moisture and hydration back into your hair. You can use a store-bought deep conditioner or make your own at home with natural ingredients like coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado.
Hair Growth Tip #4 – Never Comb Your Hair While Dripping Wet
A lot of people don’t realize this, but it’s not a good idea to comb your hair while it’s wet. When your hair is wet, the cuticles are open and more susceptible to damage. Combining your hair while it’s wet can cause split ends, breakage, and frizz. Instead, wait until your hair is completely dry before styling it. If you need to detangle your hair, use a wide-tooth comb or fingers instead of a brush. By following these tips, you’ll keep your locks looking healthy and shiny!
1) Make sure you’re using the right shampoo and conditioner.
When it comes to hair growth, it’s important that you use the right products. The wrong shampoo and conditioner can actually lead to hair loss. Make sure you’re using a shampoo and conditioner that are designed for your hair type. If you’re not sure what your hair type is, ask your stylist for help. The right shampoo and conditioner will help to keep your hair healthy and hydrated, which is essential for growth.
2) Avoid heat styling your hair.
One of the biggest things that can inhibit hair growth is heat damage, so be sure to avoid using hot tools on a regular basis. This includes blow dryers, flat irons and curling irons. It’s always best to let your hair air dry as much as possible since it will help keep the natural oils in your hair. If you do need to use heat styling tools, be sure to use a heat protectant spray or lotion first to help minimize the damage.
3) Treat your hair with the proper nutrients.
Your hair is made up of proteins and other essential nutrients, so be sure that you are providing it with what it needs by eating a healthy diet rich in protein-rich foods like fish, meats, eggs and beans. Hair also requires ample amounts of iron to stay strong and shiny, so top your salad with cooked spinach or leafy greens and drink plenty of orange juice to help your body absorb the iron. Don’t forget about Vitamin C either, because it’s also great for helping hair grow faster! Citrus fruits like oranges are a good source of this essential nutrient as well.
Hair Growth Tip #5 – Exercise Often
Many people believe that the only way to grow their hair long and thick is by using expensive products or undergoing expensive procedures. But what if I told you that there was a simple and free way to promote healthy hair growth? Exercise! Exercise not only helps keep your body healthy and fit, but it also has many benefits for your hair. Here are a few reasons why exercise is good for your hair:
- Exercise releases endorphins, which improve mood and reduce stress. Stress is one of the primary causes of hair loss, so reducing stress can help keep your locks healthy.
- Exercise helps increase blood flow to the scalp. This increased blood flow brings nutrients and oxygen to the scalp, which helps support healthy hair growth.
- Regular exercise helps improve overall health and well-being. This means that you’ll be getting all the other benefits of being physically active, including stronger immune and digestive systems.
Hair Growth Tip #6 – Sleep Well
Sleep is crucial for many aspects of our health, including hair growth. When we don’t get enough sleep, it can actually cause our hair to thin and fall out. So if you’re looking to promote healthy hair growth, make sure you’re getting enough sleep each night! To help you get a good night’s sleep, try following these tips:
- Establish a regular bedtime routine and stick to it as much as possible. This will help your body know when it’s time to wind down and sleep.
- Avoid watching TV or working on the computer in bed – these activities can keep us awake longer than we’d like.
- Make sure your bedroom is dark, cool, and quiet. If you live in a noisy neighborhood, consider using white noise to block out the sounds of traffic or neighbors having loud parties.
Hair Growth Tip #7 – Chill Out (Don’t Worry!)
When it comes to hair growth, we can often be our own worst enemies. We become obsessed with the notion of growing our hair long and thick, and put a lot of unnecessary pressure on ourselves in the process. But did you know that one of the most important things you can do for your hair is to relax and not worry so much? Here are some tips on how to reduce stress and promote healthy hair growth.
1) Laugh more
Laughing is a great way to release endorphins, which can help reduce stress and boost your mood in general. If you tend to take yourself too seriously (and we all do at times), then try watching some funny videos on YouTube or reading an amusing book when you have free time.
2) Get outside with friends.
Going outside can help relieve stress, as it provides a break from the monotony of daily life. Take advantage of being outdoors with your friends and family by going on fun walks or bike rides together. Even just sitting in a park and breathing in some fresh air is beneficial for reducing stress levels.
3) Expose yourself to nature
Getting outside can help reduce stress, but it’s not the only way you should interact with nature. There are many ways you can expose yourself to all things natural and beautiful in life without leaving your home or office. You may even find that some of these activities will improve your mood while reducing stress.
4) Listen to calming music
There are certain types of music that have been shown to help people relax and calm down. Listening to these types of songs can be a great way to reduce stress levels, especially if you’re feeling overwhelmed or anxious.
5) Practice yoga or meditation
Both yoga and meditation are great ways to reduce stress levels. They can also help you focus and be more present at the moment. If you’re not sure how to start, there are plenty of resources online that can help guide you.
Read the Latest from SenseOrient
- A Guide to Dressing Well When You’re Depressed
- Top 14 Linen Clothing Brands to Update Your Wardrobe
- Postpartum Hair Loss: Understanding This Common New Mother Experience
- 11 Tips for the Modern Woman’s Fashion Dress Code
- 10 Glamorous Prom Hairstyles to Elevate Your Look
In this blog post, we’ve covered a lot of natural and healthy ways to promote hair growth. Have you tried any of them? Which one seems the most appealing or doable for your lifestyle? What are some other strategies that might work for you? Let us know in the comments below at SenseOrient! We love hearing from our readers, so leave your thoughts with us as well as what has worked best for you when it comes to making your hair grow faster naturally.