It’s not a secret that jewellery is one of the most important investments in your wardrobe. Investing in pieces that you love and wear often will give you the best return on investment, but that doesn’t mean they are invincible to damage.
With proper care, your treasured pieces can last for years to come! Here are 10 quick tips on how to take care of your fine jewellery:
- Clean your jewellery with a gentle, non-abrasive detergent and warm water. Avoid getting any of the soap on stones or pearls. You’ll want to keep those as shiny and clean as possible!
- Store your pieces in a box or fabric bag (never plastic). Keep it sealed so that moisture doesn’t touch the metal and cause discoloration.
- Do not store your jewellery in a plastic bag with other pieces. This may lead to scratches or dents on softer metals like gold and silver.
- Keep jewellery away from water and harsh chemicals.
- Use cotton gloves when putting on rings, earrings or necklaces that have stones. This will protect you from getting any oils transferred from your skin onto the jewellery.
- Store your pieces in a cool, dry place. This will prevent them from tarnishing or rusting over time – especially if they are made of silver.
- Make sure to wipe down any makeup residue that may cling to pearls and other stones with a damp cotton pad before storing them away! This will help prevent them from becoming dirty.
- Clean your jewellery with a soft toothbrush and soap, or in dishwasher (if the pieces are made of gold). Dry it off thoroughly to make sure no water has seeped inside.
- Store your jewels in separate compartments so they don’t touch one another.
- Make sure not hang them from anything that could potentially break and allow the pieces to fall onto hard surfaces.
What is Considered Fine Jewelry？
Many people are confused when they hear the word “fine jewelry”. Because it seems like a term with no clear definition. Fine jewelry is often defined as precious gems and metals that are used to create beautiful pieces of art.
Actually there are many aspects that go into defining an item as “fine”. But the most important one is the value put on it by society. The more expensive something is, the higher its worth in society’s eyes.
Jewellery has been around for centuries and there have always been those who can afford to purchase precious gems or jewels to adorn themselves with more than others can. With this comes a newfound admiration from those around them which helps raise their status even higher in social circles.
Why is Fine Jewelry So Popular?
Jewelry is often a woman’s most prized possession. When it comes to fine jewelry, there are so many options and styles from which to choose. Fine jewellery has always been popular because of its timeless design and the high quality craftsmanship that goes into every piece. The popularity of fine jewelry continues today with many women choosing to wear them as their wedding rings or adorning themselves with them on special occasions such as prom and New Year’s Eve.
Fine jewelry has been around for centuries and it’s never lost its appeal. It can be worn every day or saved for special occasions. The beauty of fine jewellery lies in the attention given to each individual piece. From a single diamond to intricate gold filigree work, people appreciate all the details that go into crafting such beautiful pieces of art. Plus, there’s always something new coming out on the market and it keeps things interesting!
It is an investment and a status symbol that people can use to make their outfits more elegant, classy, or just plain sparkly. Fine jewellery can be worn as a simple bracelet on one arm and then moved to the other when desired. The versatility of fine jewelry makes it so desirable and sought after by so many people!
Where to Buy Fine Jewelry?
The holidays are quickly approaching and many of you may be thinking about what to get for your loved ones. Fine jewelry is a fantastic gift because it can be worn every day or on special occasions. And the recipient will always cherish it.
It’s also not something someone would typically buy themselves, so you’re giving them an extra-special treat! Whether you know exactly what type of fine jewelry your family member wants or have no clue where to start, check out our this blog post 10 Well-Known Designers of Jewelry will help guide you through some helpful tips for buying the perfect piece of jewelry.
Tips for Buying Fine Jewelry Online
Many people who are looking for a new piece of jewelry have found themselves in the position of not being able to find what they are looking for at their local jewelers. This is because many stores have cut back on carrying fine jewelry. And instead, carry more affordable pieces that can be bought quickly. If you want to buy an expensive piece of jewelry, it’s important to know about some things before you make your purchase online.
The first thing is that you should always buy from a reputable seller with positive reviews. So that if anything goes wrong with the order, you will be protected by law and won’t end up losing money or having nothing but regrets.
Another thing to watch out for when buying online is scams like fake websites where everything looks legit until after your money is taken. You never receive the jewelry and then they stop responding to emails or phone calls.
The best thing that you can do for yourself before buying a piece of jewelry online from any store is to read reviews about them from other customers who have bought products before. Just so that you know what type of business it is and if someone else has had the same problems you might have.
Read the Latest from SenseOrient
- A Guide to Dressing Well When You’re Depressed
- Top 14 Linen Clothing Brands to Update Your Wardrobe
- Postpartum Hair Loss: Understanding This Common New Mother Experience
- 11 Tips for the Modern Woman’s Fashion Dress Code
- 10 Glamorous Prom Hairstyles to Elevate Your Look
One of the most common issues with fine jewellery is tarnishing. This comes from a variety of causes. Such as wearing your engagement ring without cleaning it for many years or storing it in an airtight container. The best way to avoid this problem is by taking off your jewelry before you go to sleep and after exercising.
Don’t wear pearls while bathing! Avoid exposing them to chlorine (pools), salt water, household chemicals and other harsh substances that can damage their appearance over time.
Another tip would be not removing any pieces until all surfaces are thoroughly dry-cleaning cloth will remove dirt particles on the surface which could cause staining when they come into contact with oils secreted from our skin later on. Finally, avoid wearing any jewelry that is reactive or has been treated with a metal-care product.
We hope these tips have been helpful to you. If they were, please share this post with your friends! And if you are interested in learning more about the care of fine jewellery and how to shop for it, we recommend reading our previous blog posts on the topic. You can find them under “Jewelry” at SenseOrient.